Objectives of social science resource room
- To promote excellence in and encourage the advancement of social science through research, education and service to the community.
- To support its constituent Learned Societies and to encourage collaboration to promote interdisciplinary approaches to social science.
- To represent, in conjunction with the constituent Learned Societies, the interests of social science to national and local government; research, teaching and funding bodies and agencies; private sector companies and public sector agencies.
- To comment as appropriate on national needs and priorities in social science.
- To encourage international co-operation in the advancement of social science.